A year ago, I was ending one job to begin another...I was also almost six months pregnant. At the time, people thought I was crazy for starting a new job mid-pregnancy. I kind of was, but it was the best decision I could have made for both me and my family. It was at this time that I made an assumption about a lesson I thought would come in the future...if you are happy at work, you will be happier at home. This lesson is true. I learned a few other lessons while pregnant (ex. If you put your hand on your belly while you are trying to get something you want, you will inevitably get it:), but I have learned even more lessons now that I am a mom. These are in no particular order.
1. Hearing your child giggle can always make a bad mood better...always.
2. You will never love your husband more than when he is trying to get your son to say "mommy"
3. Your house will never again be quite as clean as you would like...ever...
4. You hope that saying that a dog's mouth is cleaner than yours is true when you catch the puppy french kissing her new little brother.
5. Sometimes parking away from the door, but close to a cart rack is worth the extra walk.
6. If you wear black, be prepared to get a white, spit-up stain on it.
7. If you wear white, be prepared to get a stain, any stain.
8. Your mom was right...doesn't really matter what you are talking about, she probably was.
9. It is ok to think that your baby is the cutest.
10.You know what is best for you and your baby. Whether it is how long to breastfeed or when to start solids, you will figure it out.
11. You hear about blow-outs and think it won't happen to you...it will.
12. You will always have a blow-out when you forget to pack a change of clothes.
13. In church, the baby will always start talking when it is time for the sermon.
These are definitely not all, but they are some of my favorites! Motherhood is the most amazing experience!
Chipotle Hummus Jackfruit Toast with Fresh Herbs
14 hours ago