...seriously...where did this come from?!?! I was pretty nauseous in the first trimester and for the last four weeks I have spent at least a cumulative hour per day praying that I wouldn't vomit...yesterday and today I lost the battle. I think God must have known what a baby I am when I get sick and sheltered me with Parker. I just didn't expect this at this point during my pregnancy. I thought I would have a pretty smooth ride for at least the next five or six weeks...darn...
The one good thing about getting sick? I feel like the element of surprise is now back...everyone always assumes I'm having a boy...mainly because it looks like I swallowed an inflated basketball and both Brady and I have generations of boys in our families that we've kind of always assumed we would have boys too. We don't like to find out the gender because we both love the surprise and now I feel like the element of surprise is back...wahoo!
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
We're back, yay! We had an amazing trip to Paris. Despite the freezing cold weather (literally), Paris was everything we expected...fantastic. Here are some of my favorite memories...
1. The fact that we were able to bribe Parker for a whole day with a promise of seeing the Eiffel Tower.
2. Parker's expression when seeing the Mona Lisa, "that is the painting from my book!" So glad I checked out the 'Paris for Kids' book from the library before we left!
3. That being in pregnant in Paris meant that Brady never let me carry the stroller up or down any stairs and never let me carry the backpack. I can't lie...being catered to is kind of nice:).
4. Once, after a very long day of sightseeing and over 5 miles of walking in the cold, we let Parker pick where we ate...he picked Chipotle...yes, we ate Chipotle...in Paris.
5. A bird pooped on the stroller...missing Brady's head by mere inches...seriously...
6. That despite our last-minute planning, our hotel ended up being in a perfect location...we walked everywhere and only took one over-priced taxi home once.
7. The tiramisu...it was amazing and always served in a mason jar...
8. The Louvre...I was in awe...
9. That Brady allowed me to be a total nerd every time we entered a church, building or museum and took charge of Parker while my attention was elsewhere:).
10. The fact that we were able to bribe Parker for an entirely new day with the promise of an Eiffel Tower to bring home so that he could "build a Paris."
11. That I was able to enjoy one of the most beautiful cities in the world with my 2 (and a half) favorite people!
Here is our trip in pictures!
|My absolute new favorite picture:)|
|Sometimes you have to take a break from the cold and stop in the Disney store:)|
|to prove that the 'lil wildcat was there too!|