I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My how life changes!

A year ago, I would still be working out at this time in the morning. In fact, if i missed a workout, I would worry about it all day long. I know this sounds crazy, but I was slightly obsessive-compulsive. Running was my outlet, my way of just completely getting away from my thoughts and world.
Sidebar...In fact, a year ago, Jamie and I were running 13 miles in the snow--uphills both ways, ha! Ok, so I'm kidding about the uphills part, but not about the 13 miles in the snow, we thought we would never warm up!...
Now, I have to plan my morning just right to make it to the gym. If Parker eats for an extra 10 or 15 minutes or if he won't go back to sleep right away, I don't get to go. I even switched gyms and joined one that is only 2 minutes away as opposed to 8 because those 6 minutes make that much of a difference. This morning was one of those mornings. The combination of me hitting snooze for 10 minutes (4:55 opposed to 4:45) and Parker eating for a little longer now has me writing a blog instead of working out. The craziest part of it all is that I don't really care. Now, I take what I can get, but if I don't get to go because I have to spend an extra 15 minutes with my son--wahoo! I can't get enough of him and he changes everyday! I would rather wish I had a flatter stomach when he is five than wish that I would have spent more time with him.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Very sweet Sam! I feel that same way--I've been running after he goes to bed, but if eats 10 minutes to long, its too late to make it! The life of a mom...

Post a Comment