I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Friday, August 19, 2011

"I no like it"

I hear this phrase...a lot.  I was reading a friend of mine's blog and she was talking about feeding solids to her little one and I was reminded of that stage when you are trying so hard to make sure that you are creating healthy eating habits.  I made all of my own baby food and used lots of fruits and veggies and added spices here and there so that Parker would like my cooking at an early age.  At 10 months, his favorite food was peas, whole-wheat rotini pasta, balsamic vinaigrette and parmesan (I know, crazy, right?)  Because we were off to such a good start (he ate almost every veggie or fruit that we put in front of him), I figured that it would be smooth sailing from then on--apparently I missed all of my babycenter.com emails warning me about picky toddlers.  Well, now I have a picky toddler.  I cannot figure out what he likes from day to day.  We will have a sandwich one day and two days later, I will make the exact same sandwich and hear, "I no like that."  Shoot.  Right now, he will always eat strawberries, bananas, oatmeal, hashbrowns (random, I know), noodles and broccoli.  I know, I shouldn't complain because at least most of it is healthy, but Brady and I cannot only eat strawberries, bananas, oatmeal, hashbrowns, noodles and broccoli.  We need a little variety P Diddy and I do not want to start a habit of making separate meals.  Ok, I feel better now.  If anyone has any advice...bring it on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment