I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Best Shower Ever!!!

So....I have the best best friend in the world! Jamie and Heather threw me an incredible baby shower complete with "bug" mementos everywhere! I just feel so blessed to have such great friends. We had such a fun weekend because some of the girls came down from KC on Saturday to celebrate Heather's birthday so I had a party at my house. It was so good to see everyone! Jamie, Meg, Katy and Allie definitely rocked it out on guitar hero (I got booed off the stage three times, I swear the buttons are weird), and everyone else just hung around and ate lots of food (thank goodness, I was afraid I would have lots of leftovers).

I have to also thank everyone for wearing out Piper! My cute little dog has more energy than anything I have ever seen, but luckily after everyone was there keeping her occupied, she slept through the night--wahoo!! I have to especially thank Wendy and Corbin, they had her running from one end of the house to the other like a madwoman (ok, so this isn't that far because my house is tiny)!

Sunday was my shower and it was awesome!! Jamie and Heather came up with an idea to have everyone write down advice and to bring a bead to string. Now, I have a whole book full of great advice and quotes as well as a string of bead that I can use to relieve stress during labor. They told me that it is to remind me of all the strong women who are a part of my life--isn't that awesome?!?

I have such good friends and they helped prepare Brady and I by getting us stuff we will definitely need after the bug is born. I can't lie, I was sort of afraid I wouldn't even know how to use most of it, but I think we figured it out! I am also slightly-but not really-embarrassed to admit that brady and I played with one of the toys for quite a while after I got home. Seriously, you have to try some of these things in the store and you will know why!

0 comments:

Post a Comment