I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Monday, February 6, 2017

so many friends

I'm not sure when it happened...maybe it was going to the neighborhood NYE party...maybe it was the first nice day in January...I'm just not sure, but my kids are now dying to go play with the neighbor kids every.single.day.  Don't misunderstand...I love our neighborhood and I love having kids nearby with whom they can play,  but I am missing my babies.  Parker can hardly finish his homework fast enough before wanting to run and play basketball with the boys.  Poor Row, her face is so sad when he goes...however, now we have new eight-year-old twin girls across the street who like to mother row and she gets so excited to play with them at the park.  With Row, I feel the need to still be nearby watching, but I was just not ready to not feel needed.  So silly I know.  I worry about the decisions they make when they are with friends...Parker has such a need for acceptance...I'm not sure if it is because we moved so many times and he went to so many new schools in the beginning, but I worry that he will try too hard to please...I'm constantly praying that he makes good choices.  

They are just growing up too fast...here are some of the latest...

  • Row started calling Parker, 'Parker'...for the longest time she said 'karker'...even though she could say 'park', she still said 'karker' out of habit...the day that changed was kind of a big deal.
  • Parker started piano lessons...he enjoys the lessons, but getting him to practice is sometimes a struggle...we have told him that he has to play piano first in order to learn guitar so that is his motivation right now, ha!
  • Row has started trying on every piece of clothing in her closet when she is supposed to be going to sleep...she loves picking out her own clothes...
  • Row cut her hair...it looks very much like a mullet...thank goodness for her cute face...
  • Parker is playing basketball and Brady is coaching...we are working on passing...sometimes a struggle...
  • Row has started defending Parker when he gets into trouble, "mommy, don't say that to my brother!"  Uh oh...
  • Rowan and I have 'girl talk' when she lies down for rest time or bed time..."mommy, let's have 'girl talk'"...the tone she uses just kills me...
  • Whenever I call Row my 'sweet baby' she calls me her 'sweet mommy'...melts my heart...
I feel like I am forgetting things...I'm so afraid of forgetting...time slow down...


0 comments:

Post a Comment