I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Daycare dilemma solved

I always knew that I would go back to work after having kids, but when I actually got pregnant, I realized that I kind of wanted to stay home for a year or so. This however, is not an option. Because we were not planning on kids right now, and because I am in the middle of interviewing for a new job, I am definitely going back to work. This brought on so many new emotions about leaving my child with someone else. It is so scary to think that just six weeks after giving birth I am going to leave my baby for someone else to take care of. How do I trust this person? How do I know my baby will be safe? Oh my goodness so many things to think about!

After coming t the realization that I really did have to start looking, I called every preschool I could think of and asked for referrals. I also asked anyone I know who had kids. One by one I called every place and one by one, they all told me they were full in the fall. Apparently, everyone and their dog is having a baby this fall!! Next I called one of those chain day care facilities (definitely in a time of desperation). Not only was I apprehensive about sending my child there, but they were $100 more per weeks than the home daycare providers. Holy cow! I am in the wrong profession!

Feeling somewhat stressed, I talked to a friend of mine who lives in my home town, a suburb of the city I live in. She has a wonderful provider who is also very reasonable, and guess what?!? She is now saving "the bug" a spot, yippee!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment