I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hello Chubby!

So, I'm mad. My husband would say that is my new favorite phrase because anytime something doesn't go my way (which seems to be more often lately), I simply say, "I'm mad." Most recently, I am mad that I am fat. Last week, my father-in-law so eloquently stated that I was "pooching out"! Oh, and I was mad. I tried to pretend that I was kidding, but I didn't do a very good job. However, his comment did make me take a long, critical look in the mirror, and I'm not going to lie...I did not like what I saw.

I'm fat. I'm fat and I'm mad because I don't look pregnant, I just look chubby. I know that I am being slightly obsessive, but no one tells you about this phase you go through where you don't look pregnant, but you do have this extra weight around your middle. I don' t know if I was thinking that I would miraculously wake up one morning and have a cute little baby bump, well, it doesn't work that way. Also, and I know this is partly hormones, but I feel like everyone is staring at me. It makes me want to wear a sign around my neck that says "yes I'm fat, but I'm pregnant".

Last weekend we were going to a wedding and all of the dresses I wanted to wear were fitted around the middle. So of course, all I could think about was people staring at me and thinking that I was chubby. This was still at a point where no one at the wedding knew so I made my husband tell his friends that night so they wouldn't just think I was fat. I am crazy, and I know this, so it is ok!

So anyway, just so you know I am fat, but it is ok, because I'm pregnant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment