I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You want me to pee in that?!?!?!

Haha, so I know the title of this blog probably leaves many questions in your mind. Let me clarify, it is not as bad as it sounds. Also, I know that I was going to write about things that I think you should know, and quite honestly, I feel like this could be important!

Today I went in for my regular check up. Usually, the routine goes something like this; I get weighed (I hate this part), go in the check up room, get my blood pressure checked and hand her my pee cup. Well today I forgot to pee in a cup before I went and she had to give me one when I got there. Imagine my surprise when she handed me a cup the size of a film roll!!! Ok, I know a lot of you out there are thinking that this should not be an issue; seriously, how hard can it be to pee in the little cup? Well, let me just remind you of one thing...belly the size of a basketball! Now, imagine trying to see and "catch" with the belly in your way. Not an easy task. What made it even worse was that I was at the doctor's office and not at home so I had to try so hard to do what I needed to do without making a mess...also not an easy task. Thank goodness for my bella band I was wearing with my skirt--I used it to hold the skirt upright so that I could have all hands on deck for the task at hand. I am so glad they don't have cameras in the bathrooms!

Here is my point (I know, even I can't believe there is a point to this story). When I was back in the exam room, I told the nurse how crazy the tiny little cups were for pregnant women. She then proceeded to tell me that most women use the plastic drinking cups sitting next to the toilet to pee in first and then pour in the little cups, ingenious! I felt kind of like an idiot, but I guess I will know for next time!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Yikes! Being preggo sounds hard.

Post a Comment