I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Monday, July 6, 2009

So much to say!

Oh my goodness, I know I haven't written in a while, but things have been so crazy since my last post! First Brady and I travelled to Albuquerque for our friends Kenneth and Melinda's wedding. It was beautiful; they got married on the side of a mountain with a reception at a local New Mexican restaurant. They even had a mariachi band there, it was great!
After New Mexico, I headed straight for DC to start my new job. I was there for a week at the Koch Foundation learning all about free markets and Market Based Management leadership styles. I learned a ton and I am actually really excited to learn more. However, I'm not going to lie, when I received the 30 pounds of books in the mail that I have to read over the next year, I was a little overwhelmed! Oh well, they are good books and I am going to learn a lot!
After DC, I came back to Wichita and started as the new Development Director for Boys and Girls Club of South Central Kansas. This is such a great organization and I am enjoying learning everything I can so that I can be an asset for the club.
I know I just said I was at a training for Koch Foundation, but I am sort of working for both. Koch supplements my salary and I have training sessions with them once a week. They believe that Market Based Management training can help make non-profits more efficient, so that is what I'm doing!
I am just excited to have a job I enjoy!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Dream Job! Woo Hoo!

Although you having a job that you actually work at is seriously cutting down on our phone time. I guess I'll have to get used to only talking to you a couple of times a week!

Post a Comment