I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Date night

It is kind of amazing how much you learn to eat your words when you finally become a parent. While I was pregnant, I remember reading articles about how important it is to stay connected to your spouse after the baby is born--easy, right? Ummmm, harder than I thought. I always just assumed that this is Brady and I, we are different...best friends, partners, soul mates (I know you are probably gagging right now, but it is true:). What I didn't count on is how tired you are and how you are both just trying to get everything done and spend as much time with the baby as possible. Working and being a parent
is exhausting. We are both so tired by the time
we hit the pillow that we almost fall asleep instantly. This means we don't get as much time to talk as we used to (I know, I know, your mind was going to the gutter). More than that, when we do sit down to dinner together, Parker is right next to us--oh and don't forget about Piper begging--so our conversations are either constantly interrupted or they return to Parker.

We are both so happy to have Parker and can't believe how blessed we are, but we did decide that we need to make time at least one night a month to spend time with just each other. That night was last weekend. I leave Parker every day while I'm at work, but it is so hard to leave him at all on the weekends because you feel like you have to cherish every minute possible! So, after leaving him with my mom, we decided to go to Sumo's--our favorite! It was so nice to just spend time together and catch up on what is going on at work and everything else. I did embarrass Brady a little after having one glass of wine and "over-sharing" with our table mates. He can't be too embarrassed though because he did know this about me before we got married!

I can't wait for our next date night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment