I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our New Home!

We're back! Last week we went to England to look for a house. We spent one day looking at six different options. Honestly, those were the only options available that met our requirements. It is so hard to look for a place to rent because you can't do a whole lot to it to make it your own. I know that a house doesn't make a home, but we are moving across the world from family and friends and I just wanted to at least feel like I could make it into our home. We finally found one that just felt right. There is one catch...no closets. We are going to have to invest in some serious wardrobes!!

Here are some pictures of our new home!


Our door is through the little opening.
Our home is on the back side of the blue house.
A view of our new street.
The realtor standing in front of our one closet. This is the view as you walk into the house.
This is the half bath on the first floor. There is literally only room for a toilet and a sink.


No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. The oven is really as small as it looks.

Same thing here. I guess we will be going down to the market more often...

The dining and living area of the kitchen.
The kitchen. Small, but at least it is new and neutral!! Oh and the farthest cabinet on the left in the back? That is our washer-dryer combo...seriously...not kidding...


The one, full bathroom. At least it has a separate bath and shower.


The landing on the second floor.
Three floors...lots of walking!



This is the smallest room. I can literally almost touch both walls at the same time!

The upstairs living area. I actually really love this room. Large, tray ceilings, this molding and wide-plank wood floors!

This is the outside area. Brady is thrilled that there is no yard to keep up, but I definitely think we will need some type of live foliage back here!

Norwich is definitely not Wichita, but it will be home for the next 3 to 5 years!!

3 comments:

brandonandlindslitzner said...

Sam!! I love, love, love this little love nest//cottage//loft//amazing space! You can do so much with it and while not having a closet is a total downside, you can invest in some cool racks (we actually bought some racks like they have in the malls for when we lived in nashville b/c we had really small closets)or ikea has some cool closet options. it can work and it will be beautiful! seeing your place only makes me want to visit more. now, if we can just with the lottery...haha.

Ali Moore said...

Love it - you will make it your own, I'm sure of it.

Jamie said...

Can't wait to visit!!!

Post a Comment