I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Monday, April 2, 2012

oh boy, big boy!

Last night I had a dream that P started pre-school...I think I was having an anxiety attack by the time I woke...worrying that I had missed time with him and that he was already old enough to go.  Unfortunately, my dream wasn't too far off from reality.  P is exactly 2 and a half today and in just a few short months, I will be taking him to preschool.  I know that I say this a lot, but I just can't believe how fast time goes.  Every day, he amazes me.  Whether he is learning to climb the rope ladder at the playground by himself, or using a word that I didn't even know I used, my baby is growing up.  This post is just for us to try to make time stand still, if only for a minute, so we will always remember what he is like right now.

Parker, you are the best part of me and your daddy and we love you more than you will ever know!

'Can you say'...For some reason, you like to tell us how to say things and what to call you.  For instance, if we say, 'Parker, can you come here?'  you will say, "Mommy, can you say, 'come here P-Diddy.'"  We hear variations of this using , 'big guy' 'big man' etc.  If you are hurt or tired and want to be held or carried, you always refer to yourself as a little guy..."can you carry me mommy, I'm just a little guy."  Even though I know you are just trying to get what you want, I am a sucker for a little snuggle time.

Alphabet...you know all of your uppercase letters and a good number of your lowercase (I kind of forgot to work on the lowercase ones until last week...oops).  I love walking around town and hearing you yell out  letters you see (literally).

Counting...you are finally starting to count actual objects.  Instead of just counting to count, you point and assign a number...finally.  When you are just counting, you are almost up to 30...almost:).

Reading...you can 'read' along with all of your favorite stories and I catch you sometimes 'reading' them to yourself from memory.  You just make my day.  You have so many favorite books and stories that I don't think I can list them all, but one of your absolute favorites is Casey at the Bat.  I just love when you 'lightly doff your hat' just like Casey.

'I can't wipe it off!'...recently, you have learned how to cross your eyes when you make your serious face...you think it is hilarious, but Daddy and I think it is a little scary.  When you are tired, you make the serious face over and over again and then wipe your eyes and say..."I can't wipe my serious face off!"

'What's the big idea?'...I think I have Donald Duck to thank for this one...you have recently started saying, "what's the big idea," "I've got some bad news," and 'I just have one more problem."  Usually, when I ask you what your bad news is, you'll say, 'Daddy has to go to work today.'  Silly boy.

'What does that mean?'...I think I answer this question about a thousand times a day.  Anything new (and sometimes when talking about things I know you understand) you will say, 'what does that mean?'  Tonight we read a book about sheep (no joke, it was more like a reference book) and it took us 40 minutes to explain everything you ever wanted to know about sheep.  I love that you are so curious.

Dancing...you absolutely LOVE to dance and sing.  It doesn't matter whether we are walking in city centre and hear a street performer or standing in line to buy something, if you hear something you like, you just can't help yourself.  You have pretty good rhythm too (better than me at least...thank goodness!).  You still say that Firework is 'your' song, but you call it "baby fire go to work."  You also regularly request Forget You and love Rolling in the Deep and Marry You.

Sports...you adore sports, all sports.  You even showed me a book about cricket the other day, and called it cricket...I didn't even know you knew what cricket was.  We are constantly, throwing, catching, kicking and shooting balls.  I love that you love sports...especially K-State sports (although I'm a little sad I will no longer get to hear you say, "Frank Martin looks mad mommy!").

Hugs and Kisses...you are such a lover.  Anytime either one of us is going somewhere (and sometimes even skyping), you say, "I need some hugs and kisses."  You just melt my heart.

Sometimes I just look at you and feel like my heart is so full it could burst.  You make absolutely every day worth waking up for and constantly remind us of how blessed we are.  I just want you to know that you are the very best thing to ever happen to us and Daddy and I love you so much...to the moon and back:).



3 comments:

Kristen said...

So sweet. Parker is so lucky to have such a wonderful mom and dad.

Rachel said...

I think I need some Parker videos! He is just too cute.

Karen said...

Very fun post. I especially love that you have taught Parker Casey at the Bat. I love that poem and think it is one of the overlooked, great poems for children! Parker is indeed a lucky, little guy!

Post a Comment