I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Thursday, January 24, 2013

catching up

Warning...this post is not going to be very interesting (not that the rest are) nor will it contain any pictures of parker (sorry:).  This pregnancy has just been so much different that I want to record a few memories before I forget.

Finding Out
With P we didn't find out until I was almost seven weeks...this time I just had a feeling and took a test because I was hours (literally) late...call it a hunch...I can still remember driving home from the store after buying a test and feeling like I was going to be really disappointed if it was negative...luckily, it wasn't:)

Symptoms
I really didn't have any symptoms with Parker (besides the blissful extra cup size:)...I sometimes wonder if I mistook pregnancy symptoms for marathon training symptoms (super tired, hungry, some cramping)...I'm not going to lie...my body hurt a lot at the time (I'm a terrible stretcher) and I don't think I would have noticed one more thing...

Because I found out sooner and was constantly wondering what I was feeling, I think I was just more in tune with my body this time...I was exhausted all the time (I also have a three year old now), super nauseous (but no vomit so no complaints here), and had a lot of cramping and back pain in the first trimester...I was also sick (you name it, flu, cold, uti, then repeat) for so much of my first trimester that I don't know how much was pregnancy and how much was just being sick...I also had some bleeding...twice...first, here in the uk (spotting only) and the second time back in wichita...on my 30th birthday...at my surprise party...it was a lot of bleeding so we had to leave the party to go to the emergency room...scary and embarrassing...

Cravings
This one is a little embarrassing...with P, my weird craving was hot dogs (terrible, I know)...I only let myself have like one a month, but I would think about them all the time...this time it is egg mcmuffins (eggs in general)...the week this craving started I had 5 mcmuffins in one week...don't worry only two were mcdonalds (I never get sausage) and the rest were made with whole-wheat english muffins at home...seriously, some days I have a hard-boiled egg for breakfast and then some kind of poached egg something or other for lunch or dinner...I cannot seem to get enough...even worse?  I pass a mcdonalds every time I drop p off at school...at least once a week the temptation proves to be just too much:)

Things that haven't changed?  Being excited, scared, nervous, happy, etc...all the time...praying every day for the health, happiness and safety of the little life in my belly...worrying how every action I take impacts the baby...constantly wondering how I can be a better mom for both of my babies now...

I am so, so blessed.



2 comments:

Alison said...

Yeah the second time around is a lot different than the first. I way the same as last time and am carrying so much differently than before. Plus when you don't work you have more time to focus on feeling icky :(

wendy said...

Congratulations!!! You know, I had a weird dream that you were pregnant the other night (random, I know.) I hope your symptoms begin to ease up and your second tri is smoother sailing. Your first few weeks sound very much like mine (nausea, flu, uti, EVERYTHING) what is it with #2? Praying for a happy, healthy pregnancy for you and your adorable family!

Post a Comment