I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Adios Holiday Inn



Oh my goodness...the day has finally arrived...the day we never thought would get here...permanent housing!!!! Hooray!! From May 16th until now (technically tomorrow), we have lived in the same room as Parker. For almost six weeks, we lived in my parents basement which was great, however, for the last two, we have lived in a one-room hotel room. Because the hotel does not have suites and we don't have refrigerators or any type of kitchen, we have been eating out...a lot. I feel like my waist has grown considerably and I can't wait to get back into a normal eating routine (especially because the best food here is either fried or pizza).

Tomorrow at 9 AM our furniture will arrive at 9 Quayside (Keyside). We celebrated our upcoming move by shopping for furniture and trying a few more restaurants around the city (only those within walking distance because P's carseat is in the shipment arriving tomorrow). I was complaining about the lack of home goods and furniture selection here, but I think we found exactly what we were looking for so I can't wait!!

We even happened upon a parade yesterday in the city centre. Apparently, it was the Mayor's celebration--don't ask me how we didn't figure this out sooner:)...
Not at the parade, but watching some dancers on our way to the parade...my men are so cool...:)

I had to take a picture of the tractor pulling the float because P gets excited anytime he sees a tractor..."Papa Marmin's Tractor!!!"

This isn't very accurate, but it at least gives you an idea of the huge crowds out to celebrate!! I wish I could have taken more pictures, but it took us a while to figure out what street the parade was on (I know, I know...we are idiots...) The parade lasted for over an hour and the crowds stretched for at least a mile or so. It was great!!

Anyway, with the upcoming move, comes at least 10 days without cable and internet so blogging might be few and far between for a while!! Cheers! (Yes, I think I have been here long enough to use this now:)


0 comments:

Post a Comment