I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Parker

Parker is transitioning like a champ. Before we moved, I tried to think of everything I could to make the transition easier: I let him keep the plug (pacifier); I was going to keep him in a crib longer to make our new home feel familiar; I brought all of his favorite books and toys in our luggage so it would be readily available; and on and on and on....

What I didn't count on was moving out of our house eight weeks before we moved into our new (with two temporary moves in between). This means that when his crib and bedding actually get here, he will have been without it long enough for it to not be familiar any more. We transitioned Parker into a big bed pretty abruptly and now I don't know whether or not I put him back in the crib--the stairs alone are tempting me to keep him trapped in the crib for a while--or to put him in his new queen size bed.

This might seem trivial, but I am constantly wondering whether this was the best thing for Parker. I loved that he was able to see his grandparents all the time and, while there is skype, it is just not the same. He has already asked to see all of his grandparents numerous since we arrived (tear). He also talks about his cousins, Kamden and Kyler at least every other day. Yesterday, he even told me that he wanted to "hold Pipa." It took everything I had to hold back tears. Believe me, it was hard to leave family, but it was especially hard to leave our puppy. Piper was like our first born and we wanted to take her, but after taking into consideration plane tickets ($3000 each way) and boarding costs (at least $1000/year), we just justify the expense. Luckily, Brady's mom was gracious enough to take her so at least we will be able to visit!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...Parker has been adjusting well and while I have to hold back tears every once in a while, he is doing great. Here are just a few of my recent, favorite Parker moments...


I first have to introduce you to Parker's favorite toys. Depending on the day, he cannot live without a combination of the following...firetruck, big truck, "emmitt" the giraffe, "Ellie" the elephant, "Bessie" the cow, and tractor. Yesterday, P dropped Bessie and we had to retrace our steps to find her (she is the size of a quarter). Needless to say, now Bessie has to ride in his pocket on walks.
This is P playing with his farm. I love watching him get on his belly to make sure that all the animals are in their places.

This was my attempt to get P to go to sleep on the way back from a late lunch. It didn't work, but now I know why people kept giggling when they passed us!
This was P today...chasing pigeons, with his backpack on...as you can see from his face, he was very determined to catch them, but not enough to put his pasty (basically, a savory pastry) down, ha!

So, don't worry, Parker is doing awesome! Oh, and did I mention that today he said, "I wuv you Mommy" unprompted!! He always says it back after we say it, but today he said it all on his own out of the blue! Best. Day. Ever. I know I've said that before, but this completely blows the chocolate croissant day out of the water!

0 comments:

Post a Comment