I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Monday, October 17, 2011

conversations with a 2 year old

Having a toddler is like having a free ticket to a comedy show every night.  Seriously...they are hilarious.  I wish I could carry a tape recorder with me every day, but that is not really reasonable so I decided to give you a glimpse into my day today....

Parker, "I running fast to score a touchdown"
Me, "you scored a touchdown?"
P, "yes...I need to do pushups."  (so, yes, we've been watching a lot of K-State football on tv lately...:)

Me, "please hand me my wallet."
Parker, "I need a wallet"
Me, "Oh, you do?"
P, "Yes. I need a wallet......and a phone.  I need a wallet and a phone."  (this happened a couple of weeks ago but the following conversation made me think of it)

P, "I need a phone"
Me, "you do?"
P, "yes, I need a phone to put in my pocket."

The following was probably just funny because it was while he was sitting on the toilet...
P, "this is Parker's new house"
Me, "yes, it is.  Do you like Parker's new house?"
P, "yes, but we need a better new house."
Me, "oh, we do?"
P, "yes, we need a piano...I want to play piano...and a microphone, we need a microphone"

And finally, this was after we had finished our prayers...I made the mistake of only naming family members...
P, "Amen...and Laura (waura) and Keegan...and Cayman" (these are all his daycare friends from home)
Me, "Cayman is getting a new baby sister today"
P, "I want a baby sister"
Me, "Do you want a baby brother?"
P, "No, a baby sister"
Me, "why not a a baby brother"
P, "I want her say happy birthday Parker"
Me, "oh...that makes sense"

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love when you post these! They always crack me up and I have to show Ryan too. :)

Karen said...

I laughed out loud. I especially like the push-ups part - Go 'Cats!

Post a Comment