I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Thursday, October 13, 2011

A test

Today I read this...


"When you understand that life is a test, you realize that nothing is insignificant in your life.  Even the smallest incident has significance for your character development.  Every day is is an important day and every second is a growth opportunity to deepen your character, to demonstrate love, or to depend on God."
-The Purpose Driven Life

When you become a mom, you start to think of every second as an opportunity to make sure your child is loved, cared for and thriving.  Every day you have another "test" of your patience, ability, and sanity.  You constantly worry that your actions are affecting your child's well-being, happiness, even personality, and every new milestone or endeavor they work through is another test for you.   Today, my test was of the potty-training kind.   Up until this morning, Parker had gone 2 days without a diaper (except at night) and no accidents.  This morning we had two...within an hour.  After giving Parker his third bath of the day, we were off to meet Kat for lunch.  I decided to let P wear "bi boi underwear" again (yes, misjudgment on my part).  Needless to say...this is how we went to lunch...

P wanted to wear his new wellies so he could splash in the puddles.


And this is how we left...





So we have officially had our "accident in public" incident (everyone has to have one of these...right?) I'm not sure if I handled these accidents as well as I should have, but I didn't get mad...or cry.  I hope that I demonstrated love when I was frustrated and smiled when I kind of wanted to cry.   Let's just say that I hope I passed this test without doing anything now that completely screws him up later (within reason).

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Good quote! I love that book... and I love Parker in those wellies. :)

Post a Comment