I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Gruffalo...why didn't you know?

Its eyes are orange, its tongue is black, it has purple prickles all over its back.  Oh help, oh no!!  It's a Gruffalo!



If you haven't already, you need to read The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson.  Actually, you need to read any and all of her children's books; not only does Parker love them, but they are so much fun to read out loud.  I would recommend Room on the Broom, A Squash and a Squeeze and Tiddler to start.  Better yet?  Every book has a great lesson at the end of the story.  Sadly, I have not been able to find them in bookstores in the US, but you can find them on Amazon.

This week, we were so lucky because Julia Donaldson was doing a book signing at The Book Hive in the city centre.  When I told P that we were going to see the lady who wrote The Gruffalo, he said, "I want to say thank you."  He is obviously a big fan.  We were so excited to meet her!

Standing in line...

P didn't mind...he had cheerios.

This is the best I could do...Parker had just gotten into trouble and was crying when we finally got our turn.

"I so excited," when I let him out of the stroller on the streets after...don't worry, no cars:).
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment