I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

right now

Right now you are my little man, my baby bug, my big guy and p diddy (although yesterday you really wanted to be called Parky because you thought it was funny).

Right now you are learning to hit the baseball (left-handed)...usually inside because of the weather...often hitting the blinds or light fixture...oops.

Right now you can't go to sleep unless you're listening to 'Big Green Tractor' (on repeat) and wearing your K-State jersey. (disclaimer...I really thought it was about a 'big green tractor' until brady made me really listen to it...oops)

Right now you always have to have a bedtime story (after three books and prayers and before your last-ditch-effort potty break)...most of the time you ask, "can you tell me the story of when Parker goes to the football game?"  The short version of the story goes like this...mommy and daddy take parker to a ksu football game...coach snyder asks p to play...p runs on the field and the crowd goes wild (that was your addition)...the quarterback throws p the football and p scores a touchdown (sometimes you add in that you do a touchdown dance)...mommy and daddy run on the field and say 'we're so proud of you'...willy comes over and gives p a high five and then puts p on his shoulders and everyone cheers (again, your addition)...

Right now you always say 'no thank you' and usually say 'please' and 'thank you'...I always know when you really want something because you will sign please while you say it...I'm so glad you are such a nice boy.

Right now you are very hard to discipline because whenever I give you my serious face you say, 'can you smile mommy?'  You then proceed to give me the cheekiest grin ever...once you even said, 'high five mommy' after I tried to give you a little talk...I'm in trouble...

Right now I have a really hard time getting you to wear a coat because whenever I try to get you to put one on before we leave you say, 'no thank you coat mommy...I will tell you if I get cold,'  and you do...

Right now you you say, 'can you come join me mommy?' whenever (and wherever) you find a seat while running errands.

Right now your favorite adverb is dangerously...as in, 'mommy, that car was driving dangerously!'  Sometimes I catch you telling other kids at the playground that things are dangerous...yep, you can be a little bossy...:)

Right now, you are so great about sharing...when we're not at home...you will always give the other kid your toy when they come and either ask to have it or just take it...I've even caught you trying to negotiate with a baby by trying to give him a different truck so you could have the truck you wanted.  However, you seem to have a time limit on sharing at home...and usually with Ellie...

Right now you could eat peanut butter toast for every meal...seriously...

Right now, always, and forever, you are the biggest blessing.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am to be able to spend every day with you.  I love you so much!


0 comments:

Post a Comment