I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

great friends, great weekend

We are so lucky to have made such great friends over here.  Kat and Tom were two of the first people we met and now that they live in London, we have a great excuse to make our way there more often.  I'm trying not to think about how this might be the last time I see them for a while...goodbyes are sad.  I prefer to think of the amazing weekend we spent with them in one of my favorite cities...here are the highlights.

...Parker and I were able to spend Friday afternoon in one of our favorite places...the Natural History Museum...
...It was super busy and P had to potty in a plastic bottle while we waited in line outside...seriously...
...P is in a 'tell me about it' or 'tell me a story about it' phase...as in every animal/picture...as in...'this is a xxxx and I can weigh up to xxxx lbs and I live xxxx and I like to eat xxxx'....usually that is not enough and I have to make up a story about the animal to go along with the facts...this made for a very long day...in a good way:)
...we spent Friday night at Kat and Tom's enjoying Kat's fabulous cooking and great conversation...
...Saturday morning we did nothing...it was awesome...
...we introduced Kat to Chipotle for the first time (we'd already taken Tom:)...she loved it...more importantly, it took P's mind off of the giant boo boo on his nose...the kid loves Chipotle...
...we got to see a rugby match at Twickenham...apparently, this is a big deal and it was pretty awesome...plus, it was a great excuse to buy Parker a fezz hat:)
...I had a chocolate donut from Krispy Kreme on the way home...I have been craving a cake donut for like four months...it was awesome...
...P had to potty in a plastic bottle on the tube on the way home from the game...I guess this was just our luck this weekend...
...we bet on the big horse race (I seriously don't even know what it is called) and won our money back...it was our first Ladbrokes experience...and yes, betting here is legal (there are shops on about every corner)...
...Parker hit his head four times...he fell on his face on the sidewalk...got his face stuck in the tube ticket gates (I dare you to try not to laugh if your child does this)...then slipped on a flag while trying to show the people behind us the 'KSU' cheer during the rugby game (no, not kidding)...oh, and then when we got home, he was so mad that I was trying to make him go to the bathroom that he fell and hit his head on the bathtub...it was a rough day.

All in all, it was a spectacular weekend and we are so lucky we have such great friends to come back and visit!

Arriving at the Twickenham stadium!

Parker with his new fezz and scarf!

This was the face for about twenty minutes after falling on his face...poor guy...

The famous (or so I'm told) golden lion gate behind him.

The hat was for one team, the flag for another and the scarf had both...we were just trying to be fair, ha.


Apparently, I only take pictures of P and can no longer focus on anyone else in the picture.

I can't imagine how this face made friends with everyone sitting around us:)


loves, loves, loves looking at the animals



I couldn't resist the explorer's hat...



Thank goodness for other kids and green grass while waiting in the long, long line:)

1 comments:

Ali Moore said...

Hahaha, doing the KSU cheer. Parker is the ultimate fan.

Post a Comment