I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Friday, November 16, 2012

great ending

Today was a great ending to a rough week.  I can't lie (I know you are all really worried about me being candid:)...this week was really hard.  I think that P and I were living in a bubble last week...pretending that school was temporary and not really dealing with our new reality.  Reality definitely hit us this week...I have practically had to tackle Parker to get his uniform on in the mornings,  and would talk about how he didn't want to go to school.  Dropping off got harder too...I could always  tell that he wanted to cry but was trying to be brave.  Even his teachers thought that he seemed really tired and 'teary'...especially during lunch.  I loved that he was so excited to see me when I picked him up, but I could tell he was on the verge of tears each time he saw me...broke.my.heart.

This morning started off just as hard...he didn't want to go, and worse, he completely broke down once we pulled up in front of the school.  He was so upset and I stayed for an extra 10 minutes trying to calm him down.  I was so worried about him, and was sure I would probably get a phone call half-way through the morning to come and get him.  Nope.  I was so relieved to find him playing dinosaurs with a few other kids, and, although he still ran to see me, he was happy when I picked him up.  It just made my day.  He even got to bring home one of his favorite books from their library...awesome.  Oh and as I was putting him in his carseat, he told me this...

'Mommy, when I was born I went to school many, many moons ago.'

So apparently, we're ok...:)

1 comments:

Jamie said...

You are so strong! Can't believe he is in school! Where does the time go?

Post a Comment