I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

today

Today was probably the coldest, wettest, windiest walk we have ever had to and from the gym (imagine me pulling the wagon, P sitting in the wagon with his umbrella, and my umbrella constantly flipping)...seriously...
Today I hoped that someday, when I am back home shopping at Bradley Fair, I will remember today when I am tempted to drive from Banana Republic to Ann Taylor...
Today I realized that Parker's British vocabulary is constantly expanding...he called his sweater a jumper (never mind that he now thinks he needs to jump while wearing it)...
Today I bought every can of pumpkin pie puree left in the 'posh' grocery store...there were only six (from the stock room) and Brady promised his coworkers that I would bake them pumpkin pies...
Today I realized that I should really go to said grocery store to make friends the day before Thanksgiving because apparently (according to the grocer) that is when all of the other Americans came to buy the rest of the pumpkin puree...
Today I was shocked and pleasantly surprised when Parker passed his level of swimming lessons...until I realized that there were four possible levels he could have passed and he passed level 1...yep, that sounds about right...
Today I realized that while I love our current situation and staying home with Parker, it is affecting Parker's perception...for example, 'mommy can you do the dishes while daddy and I play rugby?'  or 'mommy can you cook us some breakfast while daddy and I play catch?' or 'oh, mommy will clean that up!'  Oh goodness...
Today I realized that I am in even more trouble than I thought when disciplining Parker...his newest routine is to do something funny while I'm trying to discipline and when I try not to smile he says, 'come on mommy, that was a little funny...if you laugh it will make you smile!'  Serious trouble.
Today I felt so, so blessed when Parker talked all day about how excited he was to go to school tomorrow and play with his friends.  Love, love, love that he loves school:).

0 comments:

Post a Comment