I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Thursday, November 8, 2012

school days

Deciding to start Parker in school was a really hard, tough decision.  He still seems so young and because I am staying home, I really felt like his education at this age was my responsibility.  However, we live in a place where we have no family and few friends nearby and I truly believe that it takes a village to raise a child.  Because of this, we felt like we needed to provide Parker with another constant.  Another safe place with familiar faces that he would look forward to going to when we come back at Christmas (leaving Wichita gets harder for him every time).  Plus, in a year, he will be required to go to school so we wanted to make sure he could ease into it (if we are still here).

So, with that said, we decided to find a school that we were comfortable with and worked for us.  We decided on Taverham.  It is a forest school with tons of outdoor activities.  Here, Parker either has to go three half days a week or two full days (at least)...we chose the three half days option.  The school is about five miles from our house and I drop him off between 8:30 and 9:00.  There are between 8 and 12 kids in his class (depending on the day), three constant teachers (with a couple coming in and out to help as necessary), and more activities and toys than you can imagine.  P stays there until 1:00 which means that he has lunch there.

I have to admit, I had lots of grandiose plans of working out, scrubbing floors, volunteering and blogging more during my time...not so much...Monday, I managed to run for an hour (the first time I have worked out for an entire hour in three years), go to the grocery store, shower, get ready (we're talking half-wet ponytail with no make-up), and eat a bowl of cereal while I balanced our account and folded clothes.  I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly the time went, but also a little disappointed that I didn't get more done.  Honestly, I do prioritize running because it is on thing I do completely for myself and if I don't do it during the day, chances are, I won't do it at all (brady works out in the morning and gets home late from work).  So, yes, if I took out the running, I could probably get more done...but right now I'm not willing to let it go...

Anyway, the answer is yes...we are both adjusting to our new schedule and I think this is going to work out just fine:).

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I think I would struggle a lot with the feeling that I have to get a ton done while the boys were away... that's really hard. There's so much to do it's almost overwhelming to start!

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

thanks for the details. :-)

Jody said...

I'm the same way with naptime, I always think I can get done more than I do. It's more about finding the balance of enjoying yourself and being productive. (Let me know if you find that balance!) :)

Post a Comment