I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

just do it!


Today we went and watched kids "street dance" in front of the forum.  It is part of the lunchbox series where you can bring your lunch and watch different acts.  Well, after the act was over, they called kids up to dance in the middle.  Parker waited for about a minute and then looked at me.  I told him he could go down and dance if he wanted to...a second later, he started walking down the steps, by himself...looking back at me every few seconds to make sure I was still watching (yes, I was following at a safe distance).  When he finally made it down to the the stage area, he couldn't quite bring himself to go to the actual stage.  He just kept bouncing off to the side.  When it was over, he started crying saying, "I want to dance right there!"  I had just witnessed his first regret.  It is a lesson we all have to learn, but it is hard to watch disappointment on the face of your child.

Oh, and now his dance moves consist of turning in circles and lying down on the ground.  I'm trying to get them on video!

I have video of him at the bottom, but I am having trouble uploading it.
Parker swaying back and forth while eating his sandwich.  Oh, and yes, those are his shorts rolled up...

Just love him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment