I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

parkerisms

We are at that stage when P's personality is becoming more and more unique every day.  Brady calls him a 'weird' kid, but let's face it, I am his mother and he probably doesn't have much hope.  He is always making us laugh...here are a few of my latest favorite moments...

While we were on vacation a little boy came up to Parker and started speaking to him very excitedly in Italian (I think)...after looking at him for a minute Parker started to answer him in Parker Italian (aka speak gibberish super fast) and nodding his head in excitement...it was funnier in person...

Also on vacation...Brady told Parker he could pee in the ocean (assuming he would wade into waist deep water first, as if that makes it ok)...well, Parker and I were standing in ankle-deep water when I noticed a woman staring at P with her mouth wide open in shock...I look down and P had pulled 'willy' out and was creating his very own fountain...

Parker was using his 'get out of bed free' card to use the toilet one last time...he was trying to stall bedtime and sat down on the toilet with his underwear still on...Brady and I both yell, "Parker, no!  You're going to get potty on your underwear!"  Parker smiles at us, stands up and just starts cracking up...he was just trying to get a reaction...turkey.

Naptime is always a hotbed of  'random parker' moments.  We always read three books and then he usually gets one story after his light is turned out...this time he wanted to hear the story of when Parker decided to go camping (I have an entire arsenal of these 'when parker decided' stories)...in the middle of the story he says, "mom, you can't feed french fries to the swans...it's not good for them."  He talked about the swans for a minute and how they prefer bread and then stands up on his bed and pretends to whistle, "Gram Gram, G-Dawg...I'm just whistling for Gram Gram and G-Dawg...(whistle) Grammy, Papa Marvin..."   Oh and it didn't end there when he finally lay down, I heard him sing to himself for a bit and then clearly heard, "and I wonder if I ever cross your mind?  It happens all the time...it's a alkdjfalskdjf  after one..."  I guess he's a Lady A fan too...

We were at TK Maxx the other day when he wanted to get out of the stroller...I told him to wait a minute when he looked at me and said, "mommy, I'm starting to get serious, you'd better let me out..."  It was complete with his 'serious' face and everything...oh geez...

Parker has been using 'remember' a lot for the last couple of months...as in, "don't you remember mommy?  Daddy said I could wear my jersey."  or "remember I told you I have to ride my bike first?"  or "remember yesterday you said I could go to the library."  Seriously, Brady and I have had to watch ourselves because he remembers everything but his sense of time isn't totally accurate yet so sometimes what we say comes back to bite us!

2 comments:

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

My favorite is "remember" for sure.

Karen said...

Hilarious! You had me laughing throughout this post!

Post a Comment