I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Monday, November 7, 2011

The Burning of the Guy

This weekend we attended Sparks in the Park.  It is Norfolk's yearly event to commemorate the failed attempt to burn down the House of Lords.  The people of England have been celebrating in some way or another (usually with fireworks) since November 5, 1605 when he was caught guarding explosives (he was later hung after being tortured to confess).  Sorry, I know this is kind of a weird topic, but it is nothing compared to what we experienced at the park this weekend.  You'll see what I mean as you go through the pictures...




"I so cited to watch fireworks!"

Brady loves my hat...ha.
My boys:)

Watching the fireworks.

Still just normal fireworks...

And the weirdness begins.  Those are paper skeletons and something
resembling a taradactile.  In front of them is a group of people carrying
torches and marching to some type of trumpet music.

This is hard to see, but it is a giant guy and the skeletons are now circling
around him.  The "Guy" is holding the scales of justice.

You can't tell, but this is when they light him on fire.  Ha, I am not kidding.
It was a huge bonfire, and I guess they've been doing this for a while.

Parker getting a little bored...

...finally, a ride!!  I wish I could have gotten the expression on his face.
He LOVED this!

The lighting on the trees looked amazing, but I am pretty sure this is not
the prettiest park during the day.

So ready to go home!!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment