I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving in England

I was a little afraid of Thanksgiving this year.  Maybe it was because we wouldn't spend it with our families or maybe it was because this would be the first year that I wouldn't join the crazies at 5AM (ok so it was midnight last year) with my mom on Black Friday.  Whatever the reason, I was dreading its arrival.  However, once it was finally upon us, I wasn't as upset as I thought.  I honestly think it would have been harder if we lived in a place like New York.  Because we live here and nobody else celebrates, it just felt like another day.  Brady had to go to work, Parker and I went to our usual Thursday activities and the only reminder was talking to our families on Skype (thank you guys).

We did celebrate...on Saturday.  My friend Mandy and I cooked a traditional Thanksgiving meal and it was delicious!  We spent the whole day watching the kids play, talking and playing cards.  It was as close to home as I could have hoped.  I can't tell you how grateful I am for their friendship.  They have truly made this transition easier.

I was going to post pictures of our feast, but I forgot to take any.  Below are a few I took of just family.  I just wanted to let our families know that we missed them so much, but that we were also with good friends so not to worry.



Parker and Gracie having a tea party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment