I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lincoln

Brady had training up in Lincolnshire this week and, because he can't drive, P and I had to take him.  Driving is not my strong suit (I apologize if you know this from first-hand experience), and driving in England is definitely not a strength.  Needless to say, driving two and a half hours was an experience for all of us, but we made it.  I am actually so glad that we went with him.  Lincoln is a charming city (it has a cathedral therefore it is a city), and Parker and I found enough to keep us occupied.  One of the best parts of our adventure north was that we were close enough to meet my dad's cousin and his wife and kids for dinner.  With work schedules and everything else, it has been hard to find time to meet them, but this was a great excuse!  

After pushing a stroller uphill for a mile, in the snow (ha, just kidding, but not really), P and I toured the Lincoln Castle.  Much of the tour was actual a victorian-era jail, but it did have one of the four remaining copies of the Magna Carta which was pretty awesome (I am such a nerd...I know).  

Here are a few pictures...not very good ones...we were cold!



Here's hoping that this is the only time I see P in a jail cell!


I know you are probably wondering what these pictures are...it is the jail chapel and they had dummies in the seats with masks over their heads...pretty creepy...I can't believe I took P.  I also can't believe I actually tried to explain to him what he was seeing. 



 The Cathedral is beautiful here, but we were too cold to make it there.  It's on our list for the next trip.


Yes, I am an idiot and took P up to walk along the walkway of the castle wall...while carrying the camera case and P's backpack...stupid, stupid, stupid.


 P was pretty cold.


Even dumber...we walked up four flights of foot-wide spiral steps to get to the top of the observation tower.  We were both so scared that this is the only picture I took.  Don't even get me started on how we got back down...:)

I'm so happy we had to tag along, but I am even happier to finally be home for a few days!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment