I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Monday, February 13, 2012

Joy

When someone becomes a parent, you always hear them say something about how much joy their new little bundle brings to their lives.  Until I had Parker, I always thought it sounded a little cliche.  Don't get me wrong, I have always known that I wanted to be a mom and I have always known that it would be one of the greatest experiences of my life, but I don't think I realized just how full it would make my heart.  Just looking at P makes my heart swell and I honestly cannot remember what we did before he came.  An even bigger surprise was how much I learn from him.  It sounds crazy, but my little two-year old teaches me more about joy than anything I've ever known.

When the sky is cloudy (maybe I should just say everyday:), I will be complaining, but P will see the smallest hint of the sun and say..."the sun is peeking through, the sun is peeking through!"  Or, he will remind me to be thankful on the rare blue-sky days, "Mommy, the sky is blue.  It is kind of beautiful."  Yes, part of my smile probably comes from hearing him say 'beautiful.'

Some days when I am just homesick, I will see P get so excited about his favorite clean shirt (or even pair of 'big-boy' underwear).  I don't know why, but I can't help but beam when he says, "thank you for cleaning my jersey Mommy!  I'm so excited to wear my jersey!" It is just a reminder that we are so blessed and not to take even the little things for granted.

I don't know what it is but he can tell when someone is sad.  I am a sucker for sappy commercials.  Sometimes I try to hide it, but he will come and give me a big hug and say, "you sad Mommy?"  The other day he even tried to cheer me up by playing me a song..."I'm playing you a song Mommy!  Are you happy Mommy?"  I usually make it worse by tearing up a little when he says it.

I could have him out walking around in the cold all day long, feeling guilty about dragging him on errands, and he will light up at the sight of our house.  "We're home!  I see our new house!  I'm so excited!"  Seriously, I know it will not always be this easy to make him happy, but I will for sure take it now.

Finally, he will walk around singing lyrics to songs (hmmm, I wonder where he gets that from?)  In general, this makes my day, but lately he's been singing, "its a beautiful night, I'm looking for something fun to do, hey baby, I think I want to marry you."  It melts. my. heart.  I can't help but say a little prayer every time that he will someday find someone to make him as happy as his daddy makes me.

Who knew I could learn so much from my little man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment