I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Monday, September 12, 2011

Recap Part 2

Where were we....right, after saying goodbye to Brady, his parents and I flew back to the states.  Unfortunately we weren't on the same flight.  So, Parker and I travelled almost 15 hours...by ourselves.  I must say, Parker was an excellent traveller.  Ok, so at hour 8 of flight 1, Parker did start "roaring" at the girl sitting behind us after she picked up his truck for him (I have come to learn that this is his new form of flirting...unfortunately for me, it seems to work...uh oh).  Flight 2 was a little more difficult because it was past P's bedtime here and he couldn't get himself comfortable enough to sleep.  This led to a slightly dramatic Parker...imagine crying through "I wanted the big banana" and " I want the Big Green Tractor song"...the second was after the "Big Green Tractor" finished while he was listening to my iPod.  Hands down, the best part of our trip was when Parker went running down the hill at the airport to my parents.  He was so excited to see them!!

It was so nice to be home!!  The main reason we came back to Wichita was for my friend, Heather's, wedding.  It was a whirlwind trip with lots of friends and family and not nearly enough time.  Heather's wedding was absolutely beautiful and I am so glad I was able to be a part of it!!

The hardest part was being away from Brady.  I know this sounds corny, but he is my other half and my partner in everything.  It is so hard to be away from him and I felt bad leaving him here by himself.  Luckily, even though he wasn't able to get off of work to come home, he was able to go to Spain for the weekend to play golf with a friend from Geneva.  At least it broke up the time a little.

Here are a few pictures of our trip, but in true Sam fashion, I dropped my phone in water the second day there so I don't have any pictures past Friday morning (I let Brady take the camera since my iPhone takes pretty good pictures...yeah, that didn't work out).

Parker "beating G-Dawg" down the slide!

He couldn't leave Gram Gram out!

Two of his "GG's" 

Uncle Landon helping him put!

"I do it by myself!"

Yeah...we're not used to the heat and neither is Parker's hair. 
Greyson and P giving hugs!

Trying to feed the giraffes.

Where Brady was golfing.

Brady and the whole crew!

2 comments:

Krysta said...

Aww, I got a little teary picture Parker running to your parents! I bet they were so happy!

Karen said...

Love the pictures - especially the hair in the heat! Good to have you back in the blogosphere . . . I have missed you. I did write about All the Single Wadies . . . it was so fun to see you and Parker!

Post a Comment