I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Friday, December 2, 2011

Parker-isms

Again, these are just random things Parker told me this week...don't worry, I know that all kids say funny things, but I post these to make the grandparents feel closer!

Parker has not been sleeping very well lately.  I feel like I am getting paybacks for bragging about what an amazing sleeper he was as a baby.  I really just want to sleep for a whole night again.  Lately, he hasn't only been waking in the middle of the night, but has also had trouble even falling asleep.  Here are my favorite sleepy P-isms from the last few days.

Me, "Goodnight Parker, I love you."  (this was like the fourth time putting him to sleep including three trips to the potty in an attempt to stay awake)
P, "Can you lay with me?"
Me, "Just for a little bit."
P, "Let me tell you a story...once upon a time...hmmm...duck and friends went to the park to play,"  he then tried to recite Hit the Ball Duck (his favorite book of the week).

This morning he woke to find me in his bed after I moved there around 4AM in an attempt to get him to sleep...
P, "Hi mommy!  Did you have trouble sleeping in your own bed?"  Yes Parker, that is exactly why I'm in your bed, ha.


 Yesterday, Parker was playing with the tree and accidentally dropped and broke an ornament.
P, "I'm so sorry I broke it Mama"
Me, "It's ok, accidents happen, but we can't play with the ornaments."
Parker then went to the room I am keeping the extra Christmas stuff in and brought me back a new ornament.  "Here you go Mama."
I hope that he always stays such a sweet boy.  I can't lie, he made me tear up a little bit when he did that, but he noticed that too...
P, "are you sad mama?"
Me, "no Parker I'm so, so happy."
P, "come here mama, come here," in his best mama bear voice while stretching his arms out to me.

Then...about two hours later, he came over to me...
P, "come here mama, come here," in his stern mama voice.
Me, "what is the matter?"
P, "you need to sit in time out.  You broke the Christmas tree."
Me, "oh, ok"
Oh well...



This week, I've been trying to teach P to say "trousers" instead of "pants" because here, "pants" mean underwear.  This was the other day when Brady had just changed into jeans...
P, "I really like your trousers, Daddy."  So proud, ha.

And for the bad parenting moment of the century...a while ago I sent P on an errand with Brady.  When they came back Parker walked in saying, "I sesy and I know it, mommy."
Yes, you guessed it, he was trying to say, "I'm sexy and I know it."  They play the new LMFAO song here all the time.  Well, then Brady decided to download the song and the front of the album cover is three people and only shows their mid-sections.  One of them is a women and her belly is showing.  Now anytime P hears the song he says,
"I want to see her belly.  Can I see her belly?"  Seriously, we are in so much trouble!

0 comments:

Post a Comment