I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Getting Home

Going home is so, so nice and was so, so needed. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to actually be in the same room with friends and family.  Skype is nice and telephones are great, but nothing compares to hugs. Anyway, this is the first of several posts in my attempt to make up for lost time...what can I say...being with family for the first time in a while didn't exactly compel me to get online.

In case you were wondering...it takes us around 18 hours to get home if you count train rides, layover time and time at the airport before flights.  We have a two hour train ride from Norwich, and I am grateful that Brady was thinking ahead and booked us tickets the night before along with a hotel right next to the airport.  It definitely made the morning we flew out far less stressful.  I think we must have picked a good date to fly out because the airport wasn't nearly as crazy as we had anticipated and getting through security was the smoothest we have ever experienced.

Flying home is always hard because our long flight is during the day and it is a coin toss on whether or not Parker will sleep.  We lost the toss this time.  P slept for exactly 30 minutes of our 10 hour flight.  However, I cannot complain because he was perfectly behaved and watched a combination of Cars, Horton Hears a Hoo and Word Friends.  Brady and I couldn't help laughing every time the PA system came on because P would get soooo mad that his movie stopped.

Long story not so short, we made it home safely and P actually slept through the night every night we were there so apparently 20 hours without sleep helps a toddler with jet lag.

Here are some pictures from our trip there.

And now you know why the flight attendants get
such a kick out of him when we get on the plane.
Earphones in, pluggy in (yeah, yeah, I know), and
pillow and blankie ready.

Some guy at the Houston airport gave him a "Houston Airport"
Santa hat.

Yep, this is the terminal where all of the Wichita
flights fly in and out of...nice and empty...
perfect for P to play some football with KiKi
before our second flight!

I wish I could have gotten my camera in time to get P
going up to the man in this picture and saying...
"Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!  Nice to meet you."
While holding his hand out to shake it.

My Mom and Grandmother weren't excited at all to see us...:)

So happy!


Kristen said...

I'm so glad you got to be home for the holidays!

Post a Comment