I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Goodbye pluggy?

Not quite, but soooo close.  Before I tell you what happened, you must know that after we get home from traveling, we spend about a week getting up with Parker around midnight for a few hours.  Sometimes we try to get him to go back to sleep in his bed which is usually a combination of stories, songs, and many trips to the bathroom.  Other times we give up and go upstairs and play off some energy.  No matter what, we are tired.

Along with this, Parker has been trying harder and harder to get us to let him wear "big boy" underwear to bed.  I tried this once a month and a half ago and let's just say that it was definitely too soon, but he has been so good and we almost always have a dry diaper in the morning so we know we should probably let him try again.   A few days ago we decided to try to rid two problems at once, so we started telling Parker that he could only wear "big boy" underwear to bed if he gave his pluggies to the babies (we told him that there are a lot of babies who aren't lucky enough to have pluggies).  Until last night, he always chose the pluggy.  Last night, at midnight, he chose the "big boy" underwear.  Let me just say...jet lag + first night without pluggy + chatty toddler = long night.  By 4 AM I was begging him to put the diaper on so he could have his pluggy.  It worked...I am terrible...and desperate.   Maybe we'll try this again when he is sleeping through the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment