I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Our little Christmas

This year Santa came three times...I know, we are idiots.  We have been trying to figure out how to make Christmas back in KS special while also trying to have our own special Christmas with just the three of us back in Norwich.  I want to share with P a lot of the traditions that I remember as a kid, but I have come to realize that our version of Christmas is just going to be different.  This year, because Parker kind of understood Santa, we wanted to share his first experience with the grandparents.  Next year, I think we will tell P that Santa can only come to our house in Norwich and that we will have to wait until we come back.  OH, and I will buy wrapping paper before we leave...believe me the options when we got back were slim.  However, buying Brady a few unexpected gifts because the sales were so great when we got back was awesome!  We are definitely learning as we go!

Here are some pictures of our Christmas morning at home.  Santa brought Parker a drum...yes, you heard me right.  I know, we are idiots (I mentioned that earlier), but it was either an actual drum or continuing to watch P turn over two aluminum buckets and then unscrew the top of his golf club and drum.  Believe me, an actual drum is far less ear-splitting.  Parker was ecstatic!!  He has been telling us for a while that he needs a "drum with drumsticks."  Plus, I really love old-fashioned wooden toys.  I know, I am such a dork.


No, the "tree" label is not so Brady knew what it was, and
yes, I am that mom who labels everything in my house hoping
that my two-year-old will learn to read sooner.

It wouldn't be the same without the jersey...
  
...or the helmet...



I followed that "something they want (drum), something they need (nightlight),
something they can wear (he didn't get this because I had bought a
lot of clothes at home), and something he can read
(a hardcover, collectible,  edition of Winnie the Pooh)."
This was the best night light I could find...not my first choice,
but P loves construction trucks and it is shatterproof...awesome.

He drummed all day long.

And this was what happened at the end of the day...darn.
Luckily there are two sides!

1 comments:

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

I hadn't read it with something to read in the Christmas list before and I love that addition. Everyone needs books!

Post a Comment