I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Monday, January 9, 2012

Sometimes we forget

This morning I woke up exhausted and feeling sorry for myself because I was exhausted....then I checked my email.  What I found was another update for Paxten Pearson.  The 22 month-old daughter of high school friends who is fighting for her life.  She had a bone marrow transplant about 25 days ago and is now struggling with pneumonia and other complications.  She's just a baby.

Sometimes we forget that the world doesn't revolve around us.  Sometimes we forget that there is something bigger out there that matters more.  Sometimes thinking of this little girl keeps me up at night so I cannot imagine the emotional and physical exhaustion that Paxten's parents are feeling.  The strength of faith they have shown is inspiring.  They do not let set-backs stop their prayers and have therefore inspired everyone who has ever known or heard about them to pray also.

I am not really sure who or how many people will read this, but if you do, please take a moment to pray for this sweet baby girl.

You can learn more about her story here...http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/paxtenpearson/journal

1 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for the reminder, Samantha. I cannot imagine such a horrible thing for the family to be going through. They will be in our prayers.

Post a Comment