I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

About Me

My Photo
Sam
I am 27 years old and am blessed to have my husband Brady, as my partner and best friend. We have two children, Parker and Piper, our little yorkie. We are constantly amazed by the joy they bring into our lives and can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
View my complete profile

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's in a name?

I can remember waiting anxiously patiently for 10 months for Parker to say "Mama."  He had already said at least 6 words by this time, and I honestly thought he was never going to say it.  When he did, I felt like the luckiest because he looked right at me and I felt like he knew exactly what he was saying.  It wasn't just a syllable or a noise, it was my name and he knew who I was.  My heart swelled.  Next came "Mommy."  I loved that it sounded more like "Mommeeeeeee" when he was excited and "Mom-me" when he was sad.  I loved, loved, loved that it was the first thing he said in the morning when he woke.   It is amazing how much joy one little word can bring.

Yesterday, Parker started calling me "Mom."  Really?  Just "Mom?"  Are you sure?  Maybe we should add the m-y...do you think?  I don't know why, but for some reason, this change has made me see him as so much older than I did just two days ago.  I feel a mixture of joy, pride and sadness all at the same time (I'm pretty sure this feeling won't go away for...well ever).  He is definitely growing up...so, so fast.

So, what is in a name?  Well, if you're a mom...a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment